Mystery Sweater.........

The freezing cold of the last couple of weeks made me thinking and thankful about how privileged we are to have a heated house and warm clothes. I'm really thankful for this.
A lot of less fortunate children in orphanages in colder climates don't even have a warm garment or shoes to wear. Warm Woolies, my favorite knitting charity, tries to encourage knitters to make warm wool sweaters, socks, hats, baby blankets......  They sent the knitted items to orphanages in Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan and the Rosebud and Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.

In order to help them to get more sweaters for older kids I started a Mystery Sweater KAL on their group on ravelry.
To participate you have to sign up with your e-mail address and I will send you the pattern of this new design in parts.
You will not see a picture of the completed sweater before you've gotten all the pieces together and have knitted the garment .





I'm very excited that already 30 people signed up for this. 30 children will stay warm.........

Comments

Popular Posts