Gauge: 5st = 1“ on size 6 and 7 needles
Needles: Set of 4 or 5 double pointed needles in size necessary to obtain gauge.
To fit size 18 months to 4 years
With smaller needle cast on 92 sts.
Arrange evenly on 3 or 4 dpn. Place marker (pm) and join, being careful not to twist sts.
K one row decreasing 1 st. (91 sts)
Work in St st for about 2 "
Change to bigger needles and begin to knit pattern:
Rnd 1: P
Rnd 2: K
Rnd 3: P
Rnd 4: * K7, P1, K5 * rep 7 x
Rnd 5: * P2, K4, P1, K1, P1, K4* rep 7x
Rnd 6: * K5, P1, K3, P1, K3 *
Rnd 7: * P2,
Rnd 8: * K3, P1, K7, P1, K1 * rep 7x
Rnd 9: *P3, K9, P1 * rep 7x
Rnd 10 – 15: rep Rnd 4 -10
Rnd 16 – 18: rep Rnd 1 – 3
Rnd 19: K
Rnd 1: * K2tog, K11 * rep 7x Rnd 18: K
Rnd 2: K Rnd 19: * K2tog,
Rnd 3: * K2tog, K10 * rep 7x Rnd 20: K
Rnd 4: K Rnd 21: * K2tog, K1 * rep 7x
Rnd 5: * K2tog, K9 * rep 7x Rnd 22: K
Rnd 6: K Rnd 23: * K2tog * rep 7x
Rnd 7: * K2tog, K8 * rep 7x
Rnd 8: K
Rnd 9: * K2tog, K7* rep 7x
Rnd 10: K
Rnd 11: * K2tog, K6 * rep 7x
Rnd 12: K
Rnd 13: * K2tog, K5 * rep 7x
Rnd 14: K
Rnd 15: * K2tog, K4 * rep 7x
Rnd 16: K
Rnd 17: * K2tog, K3 * rep7x
For pompom, break yarn, pull tail through sts, pull tight, and secure to inside.
1. Cut two cardboard circles the size you wish the finished pompom to be , then cut a small hole about the size of a dime in the center of each one.
2. Measure off approximately 6 strands of yarn, about 2 yards long; hold the two cardboard discs together in your left hand and wind the strands of yarn through the hole and around the rim as shown below. The quantity of yarn used will determine the fullness of the pompom.
3. Insert sharp scissors carefully between the two cardboard discs and cut the yarn all around.
4. Separate the discs slightly, take a strand of yarn 12 inches long and wind around the cut strands (between the discs) twice and tie tightly.
5. Remove the discs and trim any stray ends.
6. Sew the Pompon to the hat.
The sweater pattern is one of the Yankee Knitter Designs.