My Yellow Scarf - free pattern

Recently the daughter of very close friends asked me to make a yellow scarf with a certain kind of ribbing for her. 
It took me a while to find a yellow I really liked.
For the Scarf in the picture I used 2 skeins Cascade 220, 2415 Sunflower.

The pattern is an easy knit,  great for last minute presents and unisex.

Materials:

- approximately 405 yards of worsted weight yarn
  (includes the yarn for fringes)
- Needles size US 8 (5 mm)
- crochet hook any size for fringing
- needle to sew in ends

Finished Size:

- 67" (170 cm) long and 5.5" (14 cm) wide

Abbreviations:

K: Knit    P: Purl    Sl1Slip one stitch as if to purl with the yarn in the front. (If you continue with a knit stitch, bring yarn to back between the needles before the knit stitch is worked.)

Instructions:


Cast on 35 stitches.
Row 1: Sl1, K1, P2, [K2, P2] repeat to the last 3 stitches, K3.
Repeat this row until scarf measures 67" (170 cm) or desired length.

Fringes:
Each  end of the scarf has 10 fringes, which consist of 3 strands of yarn.
To cut them evenly sized, I wrapped the yarn around a CD cover and then cut them. 

In case you don't know how to add them to the scarf with your crochet hook, I found this video:










Comments

Popular Posts