This time I painted the yarn and used following steps:
- I soaked the yarn, a 100% wool which I had wound in a hank, in warm water for approx. 45 min.
- After squeezing out the excess water I placed it on plastic wrap for dyeing.
- Then I poured my prepared dye in the different sections of my yarn. Sometimes I had to slightly tap the yarn so that the dye would reach the fiber on the bottom too.
- After carefully wrapping the hank in the plastic wrap and folding it, it went in the microwave for 2 x 2 minutes on high to set the dye.
- Not to "shock" the yarn I let it cool down and then rinsed and dried it.....
It's so much fun to use Kool-Aid for dyeing. I just wonder how the stomach of people who drink this looks like. :)