Maryland Sheep & Wool

It's the first time I made it to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. Last minute my friend Sue and I found a affordable accommodation which is almost impossible only 3 days before the Festival..... and off we went.
The weather was gorgeous, almost too warm to show off woolies.  I still saw a lot of beautiful knitted garments.





In the Wool Out Of Wales booth I met Vera who is one of these outstanding knitters who make up patterns as they go and create the most stunning lace work. Sunday morning when it was a little more quiet on the Fairground i was able to take a picture of her. What a lovely Scottish Lady!



On shows like this I always look for yarn which stands out in my eyes. Saturday Sue and I tried to beat the crowd and started our tour through fiber and yarn paradise from the part which was the furthest from the main entrance. Our strategy paid off. While (almost) everybody went the opposite direction, we went to the newly added not so well known vendor area the Lower Corall. There I found my new treasures:




The pictures don't do the colors any justice. The name of the booth was Hobbledehoy Fibers with gorgeous fiber which makes me want to spin and beautiful hand painted yarn from MarigoldJen Yarns.
This booth was like a candy shop and the two ladies were super friendly and sweet. The joyful and creative atmosphere in this booth was contagious..... a highlight of this Festival.



Comments

Popular Posts